If the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed. This is an obligation of ours to inform you how we use your personal data;
- The right of access. This is a right make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification. This is a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure. In certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you, unless there is an overriding legal reason we need to keep it;
- The right to restrict processing. This is a right of yours to ask us to suspend processing personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to data portability. This is a right of yours to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object. This is your right to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing);
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. This is your right to have us be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them. You can see much more information on them, if you are interested, on the UK Information Commissioner’s Office Website
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact Us
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request further or more specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests as soon as possible. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office ("ICO"), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns first, and look forward to doing everything we can to make you feel safe with us at ONYX.